The board and executive team of Saqr Port/RAKMC are fully aware of the importance
of maintaining a high level of security.
The Port hosts oil storage
facilities and a wide range of commercial activities and therefore strategies
will be put in place to ensure that security meets and exceeds both the Federal
and ISPS code requirements.
RAKMC is in full compliance with the
requirements of the International Ship and Port Facility Security Code.
RAKMC has drafted a Security Policy as the initial
element of our proactive role in protecting the UAE, Ras Al Khaimah our Port and
RAK Maritime City(RAKMC) is managed by the Saqr Port Authority (SPA). It has been designated a port authority by the RAK
Government, in respect of the requirements of the International Ship and Port
Facility Security (ISPS) Code. This role includes responsibilities in respect of
security matters in the wider port environment and impacts directly on the RAKMC’s
internal security culture and arrangements.
Under the ISPS legislation,
the RAKMC is obliged to:
- Develop and maintain an appropriate Port Facility Security
Plan (PFSP), which meets the requirements of the ISPS Code.
- Designate a Port Facility Security Officer and Deputy.
- Co-ordinate, communicate and facilitate the implementation of security
measures required by the PFSP to the port community as appropriate.
- Establish a Port Security Committee, comprising representatives of relevant
port facility groups, regulators, agencies and other interested parties within RAKMC.
- Provide up to date advice, best practice and information on current security
developments and on the implementation of the Port Facility Security Plans
(PFSP) to the port community.
- Co-ordinate and facilitate security training and testing of the PFSP and
where necessary co-ordinate the overall port response to a security incident.
- Ensure the effective management and resourcing of internal security
arrangements in order to meet the RAKMC requirements PFSP.
- Review this security policy and recommend revisions to the
Board at least every 3 years.
In addition, in the wider context of RAKMC's commitment to and co-operation
on security matters throughout the region it is policy that RAKMC shall contribute
effectively as required and as circumstances permit:
- As a key player in any Counter Terrorism Partnership,
providing information, support and resources to the Partnership as appropriate.
- To the co-ordination and improvement of regional initiatives
to deter, prevent and compromise maritime terrorist action.